Hannah’s Top Travel Links
- This week I have been following the protests in Turkey. Thanks to social media, I have been allowed a glimpse into an incredible turn of events. My heart goes out to these people who are fighting for the democracy that is their right. Caroline Muscat writes Turkey: Beyond the barricades, there’s a vision of a better world.
- As incredibly teeny tiny as Malta is, there are still places here that I haven’t been. This week I found out about the Duck Village on Manoel Island, Gzira thanks to Simmy’s Travels. Definitely making sure I visit this place over the next few months!
- Even when following your dreams, not everyday is as blissful as you would hope. Travelling the world can have its flat moments sometimes too. Ekua at Girl, Unstoppable writes very honestly about her less-than-favourable experience of some parts of Vietnam.
- A recent report by the U.N. advocates the consumption of insects. Christine recounts her foray into bug-eating in Thailand over at Grrrl Traveler. A reminder that I have yet to tell you all about my own insect (well, arachnid) munching moment!
- The Professional Hobo posts A-Week-in-the-Life of Greg Snell: Adventure Tour Leader… and finalist in the 2013 ’Best Jobs in the World’ competition with Tourism Australia!
Hannah’s Top Travel Links is a weekly collection of some of the best travel-related stories that caught her eye during the week. If you would like to recommend a link, you can contact Hannah here.